I’m giving away two signed glossy 8x10 beach prints! All you need to do to enter is like this pic & leave a comment telling me where you would hang it. I’ll pick the winners on Monday! #maui #luckywelivehawaii #mauisunset #sun #sunset
Its good to be back and able to review my fav movies each week. (I watch 5-7 movies a week but don't always write a review...maybe I should!)
I have many mixed feelings about this movie.
- As a musical, there are parts of it the feel very close to Moulin Rouge, one of my favorite musicals ever.
- For its soundtrack, its really, really good.
- For its cinematography, it was outstanding.
- As a story, there was something missing for me. The threat of danger or loss wasn't really realized until far after I was expecting. There wasn't a huge struggle, things seemed too easy. The lesson, wasn't as impactful. I feel want of these issues were compounded by what felt like harsh editing (like it was too far chopped down).
- For its historical value, it was disappointing. This is not reality, this is a make-believe-cartoon very loosely based on real characters.
- All in all, I do think it is worth watching for many of the above reasons, just take everything you see with a grain of salt in that this was not who the real PT Barum was, and if you are interested in that, definitely research him a little more before taking what he accomplished from the film. (Here is a hint, he definitely exploited people and even children for financial gain.)
This is the greatest lesson he learned from 2017. Feeling sad? Depressed? Unhappy? Lonely? Like the World is against you? There is an easy cure for all of those feelings, and that is the topic of today's podcast.
Be sure to check out my interview with Thad Forester the morning I left Puerto Rico: Michael Andrew Finally Leaving Puerto Rico
This is how I study Spanish - it's not pretty, but it is funny. I'll take every opportunity to practice, and the word "Amigo" is used generously.
We are having lots of fun & success today! #puertorico #SalvationArmy
Still loving it here in Puerto Rico! #puertorico #SalvationArmy
Who knew that Disaster Aid Management was an actual major and that we would get 8 of them to help out for the next two weeks? So glad to have reinforcements, we had a record breaking day despite starting with a flat tire on our box truck we couldn't use until after lunch! Great team work!!
Our small team received a huge helping of aloha last night when my good friend Hollie (@brekkiebowlsmaui ) answered the call for volunteers! How grateful we are to her for making crazy sacrifices to spend thanksgiving with us here in Puerto Rico serving those in need! Thank you for coming Hollie!
Today we are finishing repacking 46 pallets of food boxes that got wet in transport. Not the most enjoyable work but our #SalvationArmy team and other volunteers are making it happen!