(I am giving out at least 20 “reviewer” codes for the latest version of Steno!!)
Steno was updated today in the App store with one particularly AWESOME upgrade:
The ability to text message locations!!
To use Steno’s GPS texting features, you will need an iPhone (not iPad) and a texting plan with your carrier. The beauty of this is that it works across nearly all carriers and phones, but yes, it does count against your texts.
This is really a sleeper announcement, I have some videos and even commercials in the works that will show how incredibly powerful this feature is, but the gist of it is that it puts an end to giving out directions to meet someone one somewhere. You can now communicate your position!
The Locations Module in the Settings also allows you to save a list of your favorite locations, so you can create your own templates, say, where you live or work for example. The next time someone needs to know how to find you, text or email them that GPS location, they open it in Google Maps and they know exactly how to find you.
There are some more things in the works coming for Steno and for now it is only $2.99. Well worth the cost of this one feature.
Here is how the Steno-GPS-Text Messaging feature works:
1. Select the text messaging feature above
2. Select the “Current Location” Template3. Select your recipients (you can have a favorite list, blank or select from contacts)4. Press Preview – Steno transfers this GPS data to your text messaging feature on your device. (Also this code can be copied and pasted into just about anything, emails, twitter, facebook- anywhere you can put a hyperlink- it should work!)5. Press Send!End recipient receives a link that opens into Google Maps and indicates where the message was sent from! WOW!! If you do not want to send your current location, use a [GPS.1] placeholder and send any location you like! Awesome!
We have put this through a TON of testing and are pleased to say it is extremely accurate in 95% of the cases, assuming your device’s GPS locator is working correctly.
To prime the pump, I have 20 free coupon codes for those of you with iPhone 4’s who want to try it out. For those of you who are interested in giving it a “test run”
All I ask is:
If you like it:
1. Post positive feedback for it on the App store.
2. Repost this link on your Facebook Status or On your Blog if you have one.
3. Tell your friends about it when the need arises.
If you do not like the App, please shoot me an email as to why and what I can do to improve it. I take all constructive criticism seriously.
Thats it! If you are interested in doing a review- just post your name and email addy in the comments box below and let me know you are interested in trying it out.