Chick-Fil-A is one of my favorite fast food restaurants, despite the fact that it was my first job when I was 13 years old in California (I was the sample dude who gave out free chicken to mall goers). Here are a few things I bet you didnt know about them:
1. They accept all of their coupons after they have expired. One of the managers I spoke with about this referred to it as “food service ministries”, meaning the company believes in offering service through free food.
2. They REALLY did invent the chicken sandwich.
3. Their lemonade is squeezed by hand in house. The ingredients are: lemon juice, water and sugar.
4. They are all closed on Sundays. Truett Cathy, the founder said :”If it takes 7 days to run a restaurant, then we are in the wrong business.”
5. When a new Chick-Fil-A opens, the first 100 customers through the doors will receive coupons for 1 meal a week for a year. This is called the “First 100” campaign. They have done this since 2003.
6. They cook their fries and chicken in pure peanut, oil…..always have
7. Many Chick-Fil-A’s (but not all) will accept competitors coupons as well and offer the equivalent.
8. The cows they use to promote their Chicken are actually dairy cows…. isnt it ironic that they now offer some of the very best Milk Shakes in town?
9. If you have any kind of non-profit promotional event and you ask a Chick-Fil-A to donate, chances are you will either get a discount or free chicken depending on the event and the manager. When I used to teach at the University I would ask a local manager here to sponsor my class and he would give me these huge stacks of coupons for free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. I would give them to students when they answered difficult questions in class. 🙂