Ive had a chance to really get to know the 50D over the past month, and I am still getting emails asking me to compare them and to make a recommendation. For the extra $350 you would spend on the Canon 50D, these are the most important things to consider:
– 15.1 mega pixels (5 Million more than the 40D)
– Amazing LCD screen (3 times the resolution)
– Advanced Live view Features
– Lens Profiles (this is a new menu feature that recognizes lens and corrects distortion IN camera)
– Back Screen Interface (you can change you settings using the back monitor)
– Expanded ISO (6400 and 12800)
– Digic 4 Processor, which does an amazing job of cleaning up noise.
– In Camera Micro Adjustments (you can micro adjust the entire camera or individual lenses in camera)
– HDMI output for High Def Slideshows.
So, that said..the 50D is totally worth the investment, but if that $350 is too much, the 40D is still a fantastic camera.
Both Training videos are available on my store here: