Welcome to Michael's blog. Michael Andrew, (aka Michael The Maven) is a freelance producer, photography instructor, tech innovator, and when needed, disaster aid specialist. Disclaimer: Michael is a participant in Bhphoto & Amazon affiliate programs that provides an advertising commission if you purchase through links on this website.
These are the top 5 things you need to know about the new 24-105 f4 IS II, as compared with the version One, as well as the incredible 24-70 f 2.8 VII. Enjoy!
1. It is expensive, larger and heavier.
2. It is sharper, but not quite as sharp as the 24-70 2.8 II
3. All 3 lenses have heavy vignetting at 24mm, but if you have lens correction data on your Canon camera it won't matter.
4. There are many subtle improvements.
5. The image stabilization is AMAZING and it is a reason you would want to be interested in this lens.