I would recommend seeing 10 Cloverfield Lane in theaters under the following assumptions:
1. This is 35 minute short, made into a 1 hour and 45 minute movie. It will be obvious. (That is my way of saying there are many slow and unnecessary parts and if I was the editor it would have been chopped way, way down.)
2. 45% of the movie is basically Misery with James Caan
3. 45% of the movie is buried with Ryan Reynolds
4. 10% of the movie is pure surprise that makes you wish there was a lot more of it, and basically helps break even the satisfaction level.
Fun movie, if you do not see it in theaters definitely rent it!
- $15 Million Dollar Budget (Thats teeny, tiny for hollywood)
- Great Article About 10 Cloverfield Lane on Slash Film
- SPOILER HINT: "Cloverfield" Is a play off the title of JJ Abrams "Cloverfield", but the writers have said this is happening in different universes.
- Filming was shot sequentially (rare)
- Filming took about 2 months, from Oct 20 2014 - December 15 2014