This year's 2013 Grand Prize Winner will receive a brand new Canon 5D Mark III camera. Other prizes will include credit to Michael's Store
, prizes from B&H Photo
, prizes from Joby Products
, prizes from Think Tank Photo
, amazing canvas prints from CGO Prints
, and many more prizes TBA. The contest will run until December 31st, 2013.
Landscape / Cityscape/ Nature -
Abstract / Textures-
All Winners will receive a PDF Certificate of their Achievement
Rules (Rules are subject to change) - READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING! I realize there is a lot of info here, but it should answer nearly all of your questions. If you have more questions, please submit them below in the comments box and Ill do my best to answer. All rules are subject to change at discretion of Michael The Maven
1. There are no entry fees, however this is a family friendly website and we reserve the right to disqualify any entry for any reason. This includes but is not limited to any image which may be deemed as inappropriate, offensive, pornographic, poor taste, cruel to animals, advertising, spam etc. We are looking for fantastic imagery that inspires all of us to get out and shoot.
2. If you are under 18, you must obtain your parents permission before entering. By entering the contest it is assumed you have your parents permission.
3. Entrants may submit up to 2 photographs in each category on the following condition; One image was taken in the last year (From the Period of September 15, 2012 to September 14, 2013 ) and a second image being taken during the duration of the contest submission dates, from September 15, 2013 - December 31st, 2013. The whole idea of the contest is to get everyone out shooting, but I also recognize you may have some great shots taken earlier in the year. Contestants may submit only one image from either of those periods if they choose. This is an honor rule (meaning we expect you to play fair on this), but if we have evidence to the contrary, we will have to disqualify the entry. No images from last years contest are allowed, and yes I will remember ;)
4. Each Email Entry should have the Category & photographer's Name in the subject. This helps us keep track of each entry and will greatly help and speed up the process. (Please Do not use weird symbols like #$%^&(*). Dashes are ok. Also, please rename your files to include the category and your name: "Macro-2013-Michael-Andrew-4562.jpg". I know this sounds like a pain, but it it really, really help us and is much easier to award prizes at the end.
5. Images should be JPG files, no larger than 5MB in file size. RAW, TIFF, GIF, and PNG files are not allowed.
6. Once your images(s) are submitted, these are your final entries. Contestants sending in multiple images, or changing submissions are disqualified. You should receive a confirmation email after submitting you first images. You will only get one notice. Note; do not wait until the last day, it crashed our email account last time. ;)
7. Contest is open to all ranges of experience of photography, from beginners to amateurs, semi-pro or even professionals, however, we ask that semi pro and professional photographers do not submit images for the contest in the category in which they specialize. For example, if you are a wedding or portrait photographer, you may submit images in any category but "Portraits". This is also an honor rule, please be fair. We had a number of "pros" enter into the category of their specialty last year and they were disqualified in the late stages of judging.
8. Images which have been submitted into other contests are not eligible.
9. By submitting your images, you give Michael The Maven and its representatives, permission to reproduce & show on websites, social media or other materials for promotional purposes with respect to the contest. We also reserve the right to print your image to inspect image quality if necessary. Copyright remains property of photographer of course.
10. We reserve the right to expand the number of winners and make adjustments to the rules and prizes at our discretion.
11. You can use any type of camera, dSLR, Point and Shoot, Cell Phone etc. (Photoshopping is allowed, HDR is allowed, presets/actions are allowed, light compositing is ok, heavy compositing is NOT (this is where many images and components are assembled together into one image.) It should pretty much more or less look like a single image.
12. There will be an initial selection process by Michael, which will narrow contestants down to 20 or 25 per category. The Final round of voting will be done by our judges, & Michael.
HOW TO ENTER
A. --> Entries must be submitted digitally as a JPEG image by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other formats (RAW, TIFF, PNG, ETC) will be disqualified. Be absolutely sure to include the Category and Your Name in the Subject. We are not accepting prints this year.
B. ---> Very, very important: Remember please submit only one email with Per Category, with the year and Category division in the subject of the email. For example, if you are entering 2 Portrait Images, we would ask that you submit both together, and title the email "2013- Portrait . This allows us to organize submissions and greatly speeds things up.
If you have questions, please ask below in the comments box and I will update with answers.
Even if you are not interested in entering, please help me get the word out because I do all of the marketing for this on my own, sometimes people would love to enter and just don't about it.