The single most question I am getting these days is about the 7Dii. My understanding is that it is coming, but not until the end of the year.
Northlight is reporting a Canon 7D II
test body with the following specs: (Be sure to swing by and read their comments)
- 21MP APS C
- ISO 100-25600 (L: 50, H1 51200, H2 102400)
- Video 'stills burst' mode 30/60 fps
- Full HD video with manual control
- Single CF card slot
- 19 AF Points all cross
- On chip phase detect pixels for liveview and AF tracking
- 100% viewfinder
- Viewfinder LCD higher resolution than 7D
- 3.2" LCD
- GPS, WiFi
- Alloy body with better weather sealing over 7D
The 7D's biggest flaw: It is quite noisy (ISO wise) on anything over 800 ISO.
There have also been some hints that in order to achieve a 10 FPS burst rate, the battery size has to be larger, like a 1Dx, just to power the mechanics of it.
While someone offered to purchase mine original 7D today (it is quite beat up) I still cant let it go because it it my number 1 crop sensor camera. I love it. The specs above sound like a solid upgrade, but until it's actually announced, this is speculation.