This year's 2012 Grand Prize Winner
will receive an all expenses Paid Trip to Hawaii for a Hawaiian Photography Workshop! This includes Airfare, Workshop Tuition Fee, Hotel/Resort for workshop duration, Rental Car, as well as food during the workshops, but…. that is not all.... All other 1st place winners will receive $1000 cash, in addition to many, many great prizes donated by various sponsors.
Landscape / Cityscape/ Nature -
Abstract / Textures-
Prizes For Each Category
1st Place - $1000 CASH!!
2nd Place - $300 Coupon to Michael's Training Tutorial Video Store
- (Good for 1 year)
3rd Place -Think Tank Sling O Matic 30 Shoulder Bag!
4th Place- Michael The Maven's Tiger Shark
5th Place- 30" x 40 " CG Pro Print Gallery Wrap
6th Place- Photoshop Elements 10
7th Place- Lighting Crash Course DVD
8th Place- Impact Photo Large Photo Tent
- Sponsored by Bhphoto.com
9th Place- Michael The Maven 16 GB Thumb Drive
10th Place- Songfreedom.com
Single Use License
All first through 10th places will also receive a copy of: Batch Photo
Honorable Mentions (2) / Per category
All Winners will receive a PDF Certificate of their Achievement
(Rules are subject to change) - READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING!
I realize there is a lot of info here, but it should answer nearly all of your questions. If you have more questions, please submit them below in the comments box and Ill do my best to answer. All rules are subject to change at discretion of Michael The Maven
1. There are no entry fees, however this is a family friendly website and we reserve the right to disqualify any entry for any reason. This includes but is not limited to any image which may be deemed as inappropriate, offensive, pornographic, poor taste, cruel to animals, advertising, spam etc. We are looking for fantastic imagery that inspires all of us to get out and shoot.
2. If you are under 18, you must obtain your parents permission before entering. By entering the contest it is assumed you have your parents permission.
3. Entrants may submit up to 2 photographs in each category on the following condition; One image was taken in the last year (From the Period of September 15th 2011 to September 15th 2012) and a second image being taken during the duration of the contest submission dates, from September 15 2012 - November 15 2012. The whole idea of the contest is to get everyone out shooting, but I also recognize you may have some great shots taken earlier in the year. Contestants may submit only one image from either of those periods if they choose. This is an honor rule (meaning we expect you to play fair on this), but if we have evidence to the contrary, we will have to disqualify the entry. No images from last years contest are allowed, and yes I will remember ;)
4. Each Email Entry should have the Category & photographer's Name in the subject. This helps us keep track of each entry and will greatly help and speed up the process. (Please Do not use weird symbols like #$%^&(*). Dashes are ok. Also, please rename your files to include the category and your name: "Macro-2012-Michael-Andrew-4562.jpg"
. I know this sounds like a pain, but it it really, really help us and is much easier to award prizes at the end.
5. Images should be JPG files, no larger than 5MB in file size. RAW, TIFF, GIF, and PNG files are not allowed.
6. Once your images(s) are submitted, these are your final entries. Contestants sending in multiple images, or changing submissions are disqualified. You should receive a confirmation email after submitting you first images. You will only get one notice. Note; do not wait until the last day, it crashed our email account last time. ;)
7. Contest is open to all ranges of experience of photography, from beginners to amateurs, semi-pro or even professionals, however, we ask that semi pro and professional photographers do not submit images for the contest in the category in which they specialize. For example, if you are a wedding or portrait photographer, you may submit images in any category but "Portraits". This is also an honor rule, please be fair. We had a number of "pros" enter into the category of their specialty last year and they were disqualified in the late stages of judging.
8. Images which have been submitted into other contests are not eligible.
9. By submitting your images, you give Michael The Maven and its representatives, permission to reproduce & show on websites, social media or other materials for promotional purposes with respect to the contest. We also reserve the right to print your image to inspect image quality if necessary. Copyright remains property of photographer of course.
10. We reserve the right to expand the number of winners and make adjustments to the rules and prizes at our discretion.
11. You can use any type of camera, dSLR, Point and Shoot, Cell Phone etc. (Photoshopping is allowed, HDR is allowed, presets/actions are allowed, light compositing is ok, heavy compositing is NOT (this is where many images and components are assembled together into one image.) It should pretty much more or less look like a single image.
12. There will be an initial selection process by Michael, which will narrow contestants down to 20 or 25 per category. The Final round of voting will be done by our judges, & Michael. There will be a fan judging portion also worth 1 judges vote. Michael will personally select the photographer for the Grand Prize Winner. Hawaiian Workshop Grand Prize is not transferrable and is not redeemable for any cash value. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to come to Maui for the Hawaiian workshop they will be awarded a $1000 Cash Prize like the other category winners.
HOW TO ENTER
A. --> Entries must be submitted digitally as a JPEG image by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other formats (RAW, TIFF, PNG, ETC)will be disqualified. Be absolutely sure to include the Category and Your Name in the Subject. We are not accepting prints this year.
B. ---> Very, very important: Remember please submit only one email with Per Category, with the year and Category division in the subject of the email. For example, if you are entering 2 Portrait Images, we would ask that you submit both together, and title the email "2012- Portrait . This allows us to organize submissions and greatly speeds things up.
If you have questions, please ask below in the comments box and I will update with answers.
Even if you are not interested in entering, please help me get the word out because I do all of the marketing for this on my own, sometimes people would love to enter and just don't about it.
These contests take up a tremendous amount of time and money to put on and I would like to make it a yearly event, getting bigger and better each year. This is the 4th year and so far we have done this. We are super lucky to have the following celebrity photographers on board to help with judging and I am extremely grateful to them for offering to help:
- (aka Michael The Maven)
- 2010 Grand Prize Winner
- 2011 1st Place Abstract Category Winner
2011- 1st Place Animals Winner
- World Renown Alabama Portrait and Wedding Photographer
Mystery Judge (TBD)-
I also wanted to let you guys know about another contest we are having to help promote this years contest. If you go to my Facebook Fan page, you will see an image of me holding a Canon T4i. There is also a picture of many, many other great prizes I am giving away, including:
Promo Giveaway on Michael's Facebook Fan Page
- Just Share and you are entered to win one of these great prizes!:
- 1 Mint Condition Canon T4i
(Signed by Michael Inside Battery Door)- This was the production model for Michael's T4i Crash Course Training Tutorial Video (Also Included)
- 1 Brand NEW iPAD 3 - 16GB (3rd Gen)
- 2 Brand NEW Canon G12 Power Shot Cameras
- 2 Brand New GoPro Hero2 Cameras (Outdoor Edition)
- 5 - $150 Gift Cards to Michael's Online Store
- 2 Brand New Canon Power Shot A800's
- 2 Brand New Canon Power Shot 2300's
- 1 Brand New Canon MG2120 Printer!
- 5 Brand New iPod Shuffles
- 10 Brand New Michael The Maven 16 GB Thumb Drives
- 5 - Itunes $25 Gift Cards
- 10 - $15 iTunes Gift Cards
- 5 - Michael's Advanced Photography Techniques DVDs
- 5 - Michael's Lighting Crash Course DVDs
SECOND WAY TO ENTER: Like "Michael The Maven's Fan Page"
THIRD WAY TO ENTER: Share Michael's Youtube Contest Video on Michael's Facebook Fan Page
FORTH WAY TO ENTER: Tweet Michael's Contest Page with "#michaelthemaven2012"
FIFTH WAY TO ENTER: Instagram this Image with "#michaelthemaven2012"
SIXTH WAY TO ENTER: Post this image on your blog or website with a link to Michael's Blog, and post your link on the contest announcement page.