Viewing one post | view all recent posts
Hey everyone! I wanted to say thank you and express major gratitude for a few things this year:
- I am thankful for God, my family and friends. While I don't talk about religion on the blog, I do believe and love God, pray often and have a strong relationship with Him. I have a great family who has always supported me in everything I have done. I have a lot of really, really great people in my life and I probably do not tell them enough. It is unusual to me that so many of my very good friends are some of the best people I have ever met, very high quality.
- I am very appreciative to all my supporters, including so many of those of you who I have never met, those who are my students, or have purchased DVDs / Apps and/or have helped spread the word about my products. I work very hard, but I would say the majority of the tiny bit of success I have had has come from those of you who have supported me and I am truly grateful.
- I am extremely thankful for my heath! I know everyone says that, but dang, I don't even want to consider what or how it would be to be terminally ill. So, I am especially very thankful for this. I am thankful to have escaped both Haiti and Japan unharmed.
- I am so, so thankful for what an amazing job I have to be a maven. I cant think of anything else I would rather be doing. I feel like I am the luckiest person alive to be MIchael The Maven.
- I am deeply thankful to live on Maui. It is a dream come true and I cant think of anywhere else I would rather live.
- I am thankful for my great assistant Adam, who does all the thousands of little things for me so I can focus on the big projects, scripting, and design. Without him I would be answering emails and testing apps all day. He has done a great job.
- While it probably sounds weird, I am thankful for all my shortcomings and failures. They have humbled me, helped me grow and opened doors for me I wouldn't have other seen.
- I am extremely grateful for freedom and the opportunities I have. I can never thank our Armed Services members enough, and Mark Forester's sacrifice is a debt that I can never repay.
- I am grateful for equipment that works and hasn't let me down ever. Namely my car (Toyota Prius), my cameras (All Canon), my computers, phones (Apple) etc.
- I am sure there is a lot more that will come to me throughout the day. I always like writing a list out and recommend you do the same so you can see how many great things in your life you have. Don't worry about the sucky stuff, just think about what you have and what you are thankful for.
BTW-What the heck are you doing on my Blog on Thanksgiving day?!? Go spend time with your family and eat some pumpkin pie!