Welcome to Michael's blog. Michael Andrew, (aka Michael The Maven) is a freelance producer, photography instructor, tech innovator, and when needed, disaster aid specialist. Disclaimer: Michael is a participant in Bhphoto & Amazon affiliate programs that provides an advertising commission if you purchase through links on this website.
I've been storing my lenses for years with clear plastic shoe holders, and have several of these in my home.
This system is:
1. Inexpensive - About $15
2. Easy to Access & organize
3. Reasonably strong, I wouldn't try white L lenses in here.
4. Space Effective (behind the door)
5. I know when a lens is missing, as well as where to put it back.
6. Also holds smaller camera bodies.