Doing some sunset video tests and I thought many of you would enjoy sharing this gorgeous view with me.
For my tech inclined Buddies & Subscribers out there, this is how it was shot:
- Sony A7Rii
, Crop mode, S-Log2, 24fps, 1/100, f7.1 ISO 800
- Metabones Smart Adapter 4
- Canon 24-70mm 2.8 Lii
- Cokin Z-Pro Filter Holder
- Glass ND 16
- Grad ND 16 for Sky
- Rode On Board Microphone
- On Boden Manfrotto 055 Carbon Fiber Tripod
My full Sony A7rii Crash Course Tutorial Training Video is available by CLICKING HERE
- S-log 2 is awful for shadows, so you have to overexpose +2 stops and use filters to bring everything down otherwise you will have tons of noise in post.
- If you try to shoot the sun without S-Log2, at lower ISOs, get ready for a lot of banding in your highlights.
- Sound was a big issue especially the wind, I actually had to use sound from a different day, and it mostly matches up, most of the time lol.