Been shooting now with the Sony a7s
for almost a full week. It is a very interesting camera at 12.2 megapixels.
- Insane low light focusing capability
- Incredible High ISO noise performance.
- Outstanding dynamic range (and btw those first three are all off the charts)
- With metabones SpeedBooster, it is a low light monster
- Not a good sports focusing camera, while advertised at 5fps, it is closer to 1.5 on with servo focusing.
- Extremely slim profile
- I must admit I am disappointed no in camera 4K video recording
- Not many very wide aperture native lenses available
Overall Recommendation: The A7s is a game changer for low light photography. Portrait, Event, Street and Wedding photographers will want to jump on board if they can afford the $2500 body.
Most everyone is waiting for the Shogun Recorder to pull the 4K footage out of the camera, but Sony did have a clip and it looks pretty amazing: